I’ve written before about how to find the wily wild plum. Once you’ve located them and picked your fill (with your homemade fruit picker, of course), you’ll need to find a way to make use of your bounty. Here are a few ideas.
Click on the blue links for the associated recipes.
- Wild plum leather.
- Make your own fruit leather
- Wild plum jam and other good information.
- Easy wild plum jelly. From Mother Earth News.
- Wild plum honey and plum preserves. Some amazing ideas here!
- Wild plum jelly.
- Sand plum butter. A simple spread.
- Wild plum jam.
- No peel – no pectin plum jam. An easy jam recipe.
- Wild plum crisp. A tasty dessert.
- Wild plum schnapps. Soak the plums in vodka, strain them, and let it age,
- Plum jerkum. Fermented plum cider.
May your foraging days be plum crazy!
This article originally appeared at Examiner.com