There’s nothing better when you have fresh tomatoes than homemade salsa — and luckily there’s almost nothing easier too. Here’s our 3-minute fresh salsa recipe, which is the type of salsa (pico de gallo) you get from authentic Mexican restaurants and so good.
Our recipe is adapted from one I found years ago that we simplified and perfected over time. The nice thing is that you can use whatever onions, peppers and additions you have on hand and that suit your family’s tastes. We prefer it more blended rather than chunky, since the flavors meld so wonderfully that way. You can leave it chunkier if you like it better that way, though.
The Best (and Easiest) Fresh Salsa!
- 6 cups tomatoes
- 1 onion (quartered)
- 1-2 medium to large peppers
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1 tbsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp sugar (or to taste)
- Clean the peppers and remove the seeds and veins.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse till well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings or ingredients if needed.
- Pour into a jar and serve in small bowls with tortilla chips. Keep refrigerated.